Wednesday, July 02, 2008

An ideal piece of software...

Last few days I have been thinking upon what can be classified as an ideal piece of software. Even my previous blog post was indirectly related to the same topic.

Over last 6.5 years, I have been writing code (professionally I mean). Some of it has been used only by a bunch of people or probably never used and some of the code has been used by quite a few people (or so I think). I guess, for any serious software developer, the most satisfying piece of software or the ideal piece of software would be one that affects quite a few people and leaves a positive impact. There is no bigger pleasure than to know that the piece of code that you have written is being used by masses. People are actually paying to get hands on your work.

I wish I could write some more code which probably is being used by masses rather than churning up a website which probably will come and go by the time you blink your eyes...

No comments: